CRIM 1100 – Overview of the Article

The ability to find reliable information in a reasonable amount of time is going to be helpful when I eventually go on to pursue my CPA designation. Besides having to find research articles in EDUC 1100, I also had to find articles from my CRIM 1100 class. The researching skills I got from the research outline in EDUC 1100 came in handy when I easily found reliable articles fitting the requirements while other students struggled to find articles. We also had to link theories to describe criminal behaviour as well as looking at alternative reasonings as to why the crime was committed which is similar to what we had to do in the research article.

Weekly EDUC 1100 Readings 

The weekly readings we had to do for EDUC 1100 throughout the semester vastly improved my critical thinking skills. Instead of trying to answer with an analytical and calculating approach I decided to just convey my initial feelings and opinions on the subject matter for that week. I initially faced writer’s block and was confused as to how I should give a response to the articles.  This changed when I took an approach different from what I’m used to and let my inner thoughts and feelings take over. Although it may be hard to apply this approach in Accounting courses any course or problem that requires critical thinking will benefit if I can approach a problem from multiple viewpoints. This is something I’d like to continue improving on throughout my time at university. Sometimes business problems require creative solutions that may not seem so obvious at first. Also, the idea itself is important but being able to communicate that idea clearly is just as important.